Pet Owner Resources
Helpful Links for Southport Animal Hospital Clients in Brunswick County
Please note, Southport Animal Hospital provides these pet resources as information only - we do not recommend nor are we affiliated with these organizations or websites. Always call us with questions.
Pet Health, Pet Behavior & Pet Info Sites
- American Animal Hospital Association
- American Board of Veterinary Practitioners
- American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine
- American Kennel Club
- American Veterinary Medical Association
- Association of American Veterinary Medical Colleges
- Association for Pet Loss and Bereavement
- Companion Animal Parasite Council
- Clean Run - Agility Information
- Assisted Living for Seniors with Pets
- Center for Veterinary Medicine - U.S. Food and Drug Administration
- Southern Veterinary Partners
- Pet Health Network – Answers about your pet
- Heartworm Society – Learn more about deadly heartworms and what you can do to protect your pet
- The ASPCA – Exists to promote humane principles, prevent cruelty and alleviate fear, pain, and suffering in animals.
- ASPCA's Animal Poison Control Center – For any animal poison-related emergency or if worried your pet ate something toxic.
- Humane Society of the United States – Promotes the protection of all animals. Here you will find many wonderful animal-related stories and information on pet care, pet adoption, and animal welfare issues.
- Pets & Parasites – Recommendations for diagnosis, treatment and prevention of parasite infections.
- APHIS Pet Travel – Basic information on domestic and international travel of pets by the US Department of Agriculture.
- Veterinary Oral Health Council – Pet dentistry information.
- HomeAgain & AKC Reunite Microchips – Update your pet’s microchip information.
“We always use Southport Animal and are very pleased. The staff and vets are very personable and go the extra mile to make us feel at ease with our pets' needs.”